Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 16, 2012

I am not counting pounds!!!

I am not counting pounds on this journey, in fact I do not even OWN a scale.  This is all about feeling good, being healthy, and looking good in my clothes (or looking good in my new clothes as the ones I currently own will not fit me by the end :):):). 

I have always been someone who weighs more than I look.  I don't know why that is, if it's muscle mass, or bone density, or whatever it is but I have won every bet I've ever entered regarding my weight.  Even when I was bone thin in HS I weighed WAY more than anyone would guess.  A year or so ago I went on an exercise binge.  I was at the gym 4-5 days a week.  Usually for Zumba, but I did Step twice a week, Zumba twice a week, basic aerobics, added in some weights on occasion, and even doubled classes with step then body pump, or Zumba then yoga, etc.  I did this for almost 6 months fairly consistently.  In that time, according to the scale at the gym I lost 3 lbs.  I lost some inches, and my pants were starting to fall off.  My muscles were starting to show, but I was not losing belly fat :(:(:(  Needless to say, because of the scale, I was getting very discouraged.  I know logic says muscle weighs more than fat, and that was some comfort, but you'd think I would have lost SOMETHING since I have a LOT to lose. 

So that being said, this time, NO SCALE!!!  I want to be happy when my jeans fall off, and not discouraged when the scale doesn't move.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's the best way to do it! Dress size and weight should never be a goal.

    ReplyDelete