Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, January 13, 2012

Can't stop thinking about food!

I can't stop thinking about food!  I think about it all day, what I can, and shouldn't eat.  What I'm going to make, when I'm going to make it, what I need to shop for to be healthy etc. 

The big problem is that it is making me feel hungry all the time!  I am beginning to feel a bit deprived, and I don't want that.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to cheat either, but I would like to know when the food will just be a way of life, and not controlling my brain. 

I am trying to drink water whenever I'm hungry, and I try to wait 30 minutes before I eat to see if I'm still "hungry" or just fooling myself.  I find that I am not really "hungry" it is just my new obsession with doing it right and trying not to give that has it on my mind CONSTANTLY!!!  I have my menu plan layed out (at least dinner and what is available in my house), so I was hoping that it wouldn't be on the forefront of my brain all the time. 

Hopefully this will pass before to long, and I won't have to have the think about so much it will just be a way of life.

3 comments:

  1. Misty, I just read an article about a research study saying that if you stick with a new plan for 5 weeks, then you're more likely to stick with it in the long term. I know that may seem like an eternity, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok another thing to help you out - my friend who lost 65 pounds this past year used the "My Fitness Pal" app. It's also free on the web, so if you look it up, you can make an account and use it online for free. It also plugs into facebook, for the accountability part. =) Maybe it can just post your meals to your blog for you? I tried to start using it but became a slacker about it.

    And another thing - I lost all my baby weight after Jonas just by walking 3-4 times a week - no crazy running or fitness routines. Now losing weight after Natalie is another story... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy, I'll let you know how I feel at 5 weeks :):):) I really think a part of it at this point is the changing of how I eat and prepare food. It's not a habit at all yet. The habit is having what I want, when I want it. So we shall see.

    ReplyDelete