Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 2 - Jan. 6th, 2012

My battle with breakfast -

So here we are, day 2, almost 11am.  I once again had my egg casserole thing, and am on my 2nd cup of coffee (typically 2-3 LARGE cups of coffee a day).  Yay for me, I ate food before noon :)  I have to say I despise the necessity to eat breakfast.  I do not like breakfast food.  Eggs with all sorts of stuff in it is about the only thing I find fairly tasty but it gets old REALLY quick.  I do also like hash browns, but not really health food cuz I like them fried crispy, smothered in salt and ketchup.  I don't really like bacon, although I tolerate it (but again NOT HEALTH FOOD).  I desperately dislike cereals, of all kinds.  The idea of putting milk on food is just plain weird to me (but on occasion I like Cookie Crisp for dessert :) cuz cookies in milk is okay).  I don't like fruit, I don't like pancakes, waffles I can handle on occasion but of course need to have powdered sugar, butter, and syrup on them (not so healthy either), sausage is gross, what else is there?

So I am at a loss for what to eat for breakfast.  It must be easy and convenient, or something I can prepare ahead and reheat.  Tasty is a must or I simply will skip and only drink coffee.   I have issues with food being to dry.  I love condiments of all sorts, but especially any type of dip :)  So advice, ideas, help, thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. you don't neccesarily have to eat 'breakfast' foods for breakfast. :) if you like chicken, have a chicken breast wrap or something similar. its just about getting your protein for the day. don't limit yourself because of the time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same about breakfast foods!! I do not likes eggs - but here is what I do like! You can make a fruit salad, Chobani low-fat greek yogurt - either the strawberry or raspberry... And there is a shake I make that is filling & tastes delicious! Even though it is bright green.....

    In a blender mix half a banana, half of an apple, a half cup of kale, & 1/4-1/2 cup of "Simply Apple" Juice. Slice the other half of a banana and other half of the apple (sliced) into a plastic bag in the freezer for the next morning -- they act as ice cubes! It may look a little interesting at first but trust me... it is delicious! & filling! Make sure it is well blended! Sometimes I will also add half of an avocado or even some greek yogurt. Hope this helps you with other healthy breakfast options!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest yogurt, bagels, toast. I hope this helps. My kids like the strawberry cream cheese on their bagels and I'm sure there is a lite version out there somewhere. Good luck with your journey and come April (after baby) I might be hitting you up for some tips on eating healthier. I hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy Raisin Bran Muffins!

    http://www.marthastewart.com/338280/raisin-bran-muffins

    ReplyDelete