Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My week in review :)

This past weekend, as you are aware was my birthday.  All said and done, I managed without much issue on that.  1/5 of an ice cream sundae isn't a horrible diet breaker in my opinion. 

Of course then came the weekend.  My DD's Girl Scout troop came to our house for a Slumber Fiesta (we were celebrating World Thinking Day).  The girls voted on the menu.  Needless to say, they did not vote according to my diet.  That being said, we were also trying to instill the idea that you eat what is served.  So for dinner we had Nachos, with gound beef, rotel, shredded chedder, salsa, and then I added some peppers and onions.  For our evening snack it was Ice Cream and air popped popcorn with butter and salt.  One horrible evening isn't going to throw me off my diet is it?  Then Sunday morning it was Waffles with butter and syrup (not the good kind, but it is Girl Scouts so cost is a huge factor).  We also had eggs, and bananas. 

All said and done, not horrible.  My family ended up having nachos for dinner that night again due to the fact we had a ton of left overs.  Since this was our first sleep over, it was interesting to see who ate 3 helpings of dinner, and who did not.  We had a great time, the girls really enjoyed themselves, so in the end it was all worth it. 

On Monday the kids were out of School for presidents day.  I had to work.  So I ate some eggs for breakfast before heading out.  We ordered Chinese for lunch (I had Pepper Steak, 2 egg rolls, and a bit of fried rice).  It was at this point I realized that I was getting out of my new routine and had to dial it back.  Hubby used the last of the ground beef to make sloppy joes for dinner with fried rice and green beans.  I ate mine on a whole wheat flat bun and vowed Tuesday would be better now that all the "bad" food was out of the house :)

Tuesday I had eggs for breakfast then went to the gym for step class.  It is a good class, and I was definately feeling it.  I had a lunch appt. with two ladies who are interested in staging.  I ordered a buffalo chicken salad with ranch dressing.  I ate a little over 1/2 of the salad, with an iced tea.  Snack was a bit of trail mix.  For dinner that night, no one was going to be home for most of the night, and none of us at the same time so it was a fend for yourself sort of meal.  I made myself a chicken salad sandwich with lettuse on a whole wheat flat bun and about 10 sweet potatoe tortilla chips dipped in yogurt jalepeno dip. 

Wednesday -
Breakfast -
scrambled eggs

Lunch -
chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat flat bun with lettuse
1/2 of the left over buffalo salad

Snack -
2 slices of pepper jack cheese
2 triscuits

Dinner -
Homemade Minestrone soup!  It was AWESOME!  I got the recipe from a friend, and it's almost all fresh veggies, with vegetable broth (it was ash wednesday and since hubby is Catholic I try to cater to that).  I am having it for lunch again today :)

Excercise -
1 hour with the personal trainer - Thanks to a good friend of mine, he arranged for me to actually workout with a trainer instead of just talk.  We probably didn't work out the entire hour as there was some learning of machines, and such, but I am sore today.

Well there you have the week so far.  I fell a bit off the wagon with the Girl Scout sleepover, but I'm back on now. 

2 comments:

  1. The soup and jalapeno yogurt dip both sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both. I have the Soup recipe in an email, it takes a bit to make (lots of chopping) but it is really yummy. I'll try to post it.

    The Jalepeno dip I get at Costco. It is only 50 calories for 2 TBSP. The ingredients are Yogurt (cultured pasteurized grade A cows and goats milk, skim milk, cream active bacterial cultures, bifidobacterium lactics and L acidphilius), garlic, tomatoes, jalepeno peppers, onions, green bell peppers, canola oil, salt, paprika. It's really yummy, and has the probiotics (which is good for my hubby). It is made by skotidakis, I don't know where else they carry it.

    ReplyDelete