Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm on a natural kick!

So today I am making my own dish washer soap.  Is it bad that I am REALLY excited by this?  I also have started collecting ingredients for my own Laundry soap.  I have switched my cooking oil to Coconut oil (it's supposed to be better for you) with I am loving.  It has virtually no flavor, and you don't have to use much at all.  It comes in a solid form (like Crisco shortening) and you use a tbsp. in the pan, and it melts and covers the bottom.  So for anything I would have previously used vegetable oil for, or spray oil, or butter, I have switched it to Coconut oil.  I LOVE it!!!  I still have vegetable oil and things for recipes that need them, but for the most part, I'm a convert!

I don't know what is with me since I started this.  I feel like I am overhauling my entire life as far as product consumption is concerned.  I blame Pintrest mostly, cuz they have so many ideas on fun, easy ways to DIY and it will save me money (more money for fresh fruits, veggies, and other stuff that costs more).  I can barely recognize myself. 

Yesterday, I read all the labels in the yogurt aisle.  I found that the Yoplait "light" yogurt has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.  What is with that?  I thought "light" is supposed to be better for you?  I know, I'm not completely shocked, because I know lots of "health" food is not "healthy" food, but still.  So I went with the Dannon, all natural yogurt instead. 

Next on my natural kick will be things like growing my own herbs and veggies, as well as making my own bread crumbs (once I get my new ninja blender :):):)

Stay tuned for what else I can do myself, save cost, and be healthy.

3 comments:

  1. Misty -

    I came across your blog through Pinterest. While I don't know you and I feel kind of odd posting a comment, I wanted to tell you that while you may not see/feel a difference, I can absolutely see the different in your pics.

    Just the way you are carrying yourself is different, you look more confident and your face seems to be thinner!!! Keep it up girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for making choices that make YOU feel better Misty! In reading labels I've discovered almost all bread has high frustose corn syrup in it???!!! Why does my bread need HFCS? I have a simple recipe for homemade croutons if you're ever interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda, you are welcome here :) I am new to this "eating and being healthy" thing. So I am trying to do it the right way. Eat healthy, and be healthy, more important than being skinny (although if skinny is the outcome, I'm okay with that :)

    DB, I have known about bread and HFCS for a while. I have watched it for a while. I've found one that my whole family likes with whole grain, and no hfcs. I would love a recipe for croutons if you have it!

    ReplyDelete