Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Saturday January 7th, 2017


Welcome to the weekend.  Today was a not horrible day, lol.  The day started out okay.  My MIL and her sister loaded the camper and left for Dallas on their journey to California.  We got up, had breakfast together, and they left.

I have been eating my egg Frittatas (Frittata recipe here) for breakfast for several days now.  I found the recipe online, and have modified it slightly to make more at one time, but basically the same.  Weird thing, I found that my kids like them too, and so did my MIL.  So the eight I made two days ago are almost gone.  What's with my kids liking my "diet" foods? :)

Here's the thing, I have learned that I do better with sticking to my meal plan and eating better if I am prepared, and have things easy to grab and go on the run.  So this afternoon my DD (Drama Daughter) and I made a few prepared foods to avoid getting hungry and making bad choices.  We made 10 pre-made chop salads (lettuce, spinach, mixed greens, ham, salami, bacon, boiled eggs, celery, green pepper, carrots, a little cheese) and 8 more breakfast frittatas.  I am still working on figuring out some sort of pre-made grab and eat snacks.  I'm thinking some sort of cheese, sausage, fruit, nut packs.  Would love other ideas if you have any.

The good thing about some of this prepared healthy foods is that my kids are getting excited.  My kids want to take my salads to school for lunches, and eat my eggs for breakfasts.  This is not a bad thing however it may change the quantity of how much I need to make each week :).

After the food prep was done, and cleaned up we needed to go to SB (Snuggle Bug, aka, my youngest son) basketball game.  He had two today.  One of them was rearranged which unfortunately rearranged my timeline to make it to the gym.  I was going to go prior to church at 5pm, however that is when the game was.  After the game, DD and KK (was Karate Kid, my oldest son, however he needs a new knick name since he no longer does Karate) and I went to church to see a good friend sing.  She has a spectacular voice.

Since time was of the essence, and church and Ball made it complicated to cook dinner at a reasonable time we went out to dinner.  This was my challenge of the day.  We went to my favorite mexican restaurant and I didn't eat ANY, not one, zilch, nada, none! of the Chips.  I ordered a fajita chicken taco salad and didn't eat the shell.  I used the salsa as my dressing and it was yummy.  Yes, I REALLY wanted chips and salsa, but I am on a stronger path to a healthier, slimmer self and well chips, although yummy, not in my bigger plan.

I've logged my meals on MyFitnessPal if you'd like to see where I'm at calorie wise.  If/when I find good recipes I will post them here.

Have a good night all, be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment