Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 16, 2017

Getting old SUCKS!!!

So I broke down and ordered two knee braces today.  I took the "Active" class at the gym.  It's a cross fit class with 20-25 minutes of step, 15 or so of weights, then an ab workout.  I like it because it hits everywhere in less than an hour.  Well today we did a lot of squats, I mean a LOT!  I hurt, and not just in my muscles.  My knees were creeking and sore, my foot (damn surgery) simply aches, my heels are tender from being on them and the impact, I just hurt.  I hate feeling old.  I'm hoping that losing weight will lessen some of these aches, creeks and pains.

As a result, I ordered two knee compression braces.  I'm looking at getting heel cushions for my feet, and well my foot will just have to live with.

Old sucks, and I truly dislike it.

On the plus side, I finished my salad prep for this weeks lunches.
Five are for me, and two each for my two younger kiddos.  I love the fact that my kids are making healthier choices as well.  Most of it is simply because the opportunities are there and make it easy for them, however the outcome is the same.

Our process - we lay out the bowls, and fill them with lettuce (with mixed greens, kale & baby spinach in it).  Then I put a small piece of saran wrap over the lettuce to keep the moisture of the toppings from making the lettuce soggy.  Then I have all the toppings chopped and ready in bowls.  We grab a bowl of a topping and put a bit on top of the saran.  Some of our toppings are Hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon bits, cubed ham, green peppers, mushrooms, carrots, celery, low fat cheese , etc.  I have several small 2 oz. Tupperware containers which are perfect for dressings.  I love that it rations what the kids have for portion size and they can't over do it (DD will DEFINITELY over use the ranch).  The containers are from DH work.  They made them, and were a failed product or whatever so several years ago we got several cases for very cheap.  I would assume you could get something that would work online somewhere.

So I suppose that is all for tonight.

Take care, talk soon.

Here's to a much lesser me!


No comments:

Post a Comment