Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The UNWICH

Have you ever used the Jimmy John's website?  It is pretty cool if you are counting calories, fat, carbs whatever.  It's easy to use, and it will tell you what you are getting precisely.  You enter in your order, with or without tomato, mayo, cheese, whatever, and you get your calorie count.

I realized yesterday after I ordered, that although I was trying to be better, and ordered a sandwich with the 7 grain bread vs. the traditional italian sub bun that my sandwich was still over 1000 calories, OUCH!!!  That being said I realized that if I skip the bread and order the "unwich" I save over 400 calories.  So when I ordered it again today :):):)  I ordered the Unwich, and I have to say, I didn't even miss the bread.  It was just as yummy, and flavorful as the one yesterday without the extra calories, and carbs.  I am NOT saying that 600 calories for one super yummy sandwich is healthy, but, if I'm going to order it anyway as I was working and needed something other than a cheeseburger and fries, well it's was a good option for me. 

So if you are a huge fan of Jimmy John's as I am, try the unwich, and see if you really miss the bread.  I was worried, but very pleasantly surprized :):):)

1 comment:

  1. I've realized that breads are OFTEN a huge factor in the extra, unneeded calories in a lot of my meals. It's rare that I go to a restaurant and get a burger with a bun anymore. Fast food still, yes, the meat can't really stand on its own.. At home, no bread for sandwiches unless they're sandwich thins or bagel thins or maybe the occasional english muffin for breakfast, no hot dog buns, no fish sandwich buns. It's a start : )

    ReplyDelete