Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back to the gym :)

It is amazing to me how quickly I get out of shape :O  I was out of the gym of just over a week, but I had taken a nice walk at a decent pace at one point.  But today, in step class, I couldn't breathe.  I felt out of breath from just about the moment we started.  I don't get it, I suppose it proves the need to be there, that I just can't afford to quit!  NOT that I have any intention to. 

All said and done, I'm really feeling good about what I'm doing for myself!  I'm anxious to go back to my home town this summer and feel the pride of who I have become and see the faces on people.  NOT that they don't already expect to see me in my skinnier state since many of them will read this, and see the pictures, and of course when they knew me back in the day I was much smaller than I am now, and even smaller than I will be when I'm all done.  BUT, I will have muscles!!!  More than I ever remember having in my life.  My hubby and I were talking the other day, I have never once in my life been able to cross the monkey bars on the playground, or have I ever completed a single chin-up unassisted.  I know, not huge, lofty accomplishments in the span of a life time, but it shows you my lack of upper body strength.  I am trying to lift weights at least twice a week now (more than ever before as well).  So hopefully by Summer, I will A - have the upper body strength to lift my own body weight, and B - have less body weight to have to lift :):):)

I did my weigh in today, only 3 lbs.  :(:(:(  Not as much as I'd hoped, but that is okay, it wasn't UP :):):)  I still have my food log going on MyFitnessPal.com if you would like to look me up - Bleueponytail. 

I had a HORRIBLE calorie day on Saturday.  Hubby and I decided to spend the day with the kiddos.  We ran some errands, and took them to the park.  Hubby practiced some soccer and I took Karate kid to get a hair cut.  Needless to say, it was a fun and productive day (we don't usually get those in combination around here, so it was good).  That being said, we also decided to take the kids out to dinner.  Steak N Shake :):):)  Well, I ate my daily allowance (plus some) of calories in that one meal :):):)  Oh well, sometimes you have to sacrifice for the fun of the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment