Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Group Kick Boxing

Today I went to the gym at 9:30am planning to take the Group Power class that I took (and loved) the other day.  Well when I got there I realized I had looked at the schedule wrong and today at 9:30 was the Group Kick class.  Needless to say, I was there, the class was getting ready to start, and I thought, I'll give it a shot. 

Let's just say NOT my favorite.  One thing for sure is I hate jumpy excersices.  I know there are benefits to all the jumping, and maybe when I lose more weight and get stronger it won't bother me as much, but jumping hurts my knees and wears me out is 1/4 of the time other excercises do, and so then I'm not going all out, and just trying to get through which is not as much fun.  I won't say that I will never take another kick class, cuz I'm sure I'll try it again someday, but it's down on my list of preferred classes.

I will gladly stick with my Zumba and Power classes.  I get my cardio and strength training in a group setting, with fun music.  Throw in a Step class here and there and you have my workout routine.  I have found my favorite teacher thus far at Healthridge though.  Her name is Shelly.  She taught the Power, and the Step, and today's Kick classes.  She is strong and lean, but not bulky.  She keeps you motivated and is so positive and supportive throughout the class it just makes you want to keep going when you fell like you may fall over and die :):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment