Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Girl Stuff = SABOTAGE!!!

Okay, so this is about girl stuff.  You know the stuff guys desperately avoid, dislike, feel uncomfortable talking about.  But here it is... (if you choose to continue reading :)

Why is it that right before that time of month I gain 5 sometimes 10 pounds?  I get all bloated, and feel fat, and just simply lose motivation.  Now I'm not asking for the "real" biological reason, cuz I understand it, but it is really frustrating when I feel like I'm making progress towards my weight loss goals, and my clothes are getting loser, and I'm feeling really good, then I wake up one morning and you would think I ate an entire Chinese restaurant the night before with all the salt and fried food they have to offer.  I don't get it.  How am I supposed to accurately track my progress on a daily, or even weekly basis if 1 1/2 - 2 weeks of the month are shot to hell regardless of my stick-to-it-ness.  It makes me want to cheat (not that I am) but I certainly want to.  My brain starts saying demotivated things like, "you look fat anyway, why not have a bowl of ice cream at 10pm" or "those potato chips and french onion dip can't hurt, the scale says you already went up 5 lbs."

The other part to this healthy life style sabotage is the hormonal part.  My stomach not only bloats, but also lacks a FULL button.  I can eat and eat and it takes a really long time to feel full.  NOT GOOD!!!  Not to mention the salt cravings.  I want salty snacks constantly!  I have managed to find some substitutes that help me feel like I'm eating salt without the salt such as garlic, if I put enough garlic into it that helps.  Or onions, adding raw onion to a salad, or sandwich, helps my taste buds feel like they are eating salty :):):) 

Anyway, that is my rant for today.  Feeling demotivated, but I still made it to Step class this morning.  I had a Breakfast on the Go pack before, then a jimmy johns sandwich (on 7 grain bread) for lunch with 1 Vlasic pickle.  I still want the chips and dip to accompany my sandwich, but I will refrain.  Of course now that I'm tracking my calories, I realized how many calories Jimmy John's really has.  Although I believe regardless of calories it is better than the McD's cheese burger my son wanted for lunch, I think next time I will try the "unwich" and save the 400 calories from the bread. 

If you would still like to follow my food journal, I am entering it all on MyFitnessPal.com on a daily basis.  It seemed a bit redundant to put it out there twice.  I'm going to still continue with my blog, however it will be more dedicated to the process, and what I'm feeling/doing vs. food records.  I will also update from time to time on my food, just not daily.  Make sense?  If you want to find me on MyFitnessPal let me know, and I'll give you my "code name"  :):):)

Thanks for listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment