Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Fitness Pal

A friend of mine mentioned to me that he was using an App for his phone that helped count calories, track excercise etc.  Thursday I decided to look into it.  Mostly because I feel like I'm eating a ton.  I'm eating less per portion, but I feel like I'm eating all the time because I'm snacking, and eating breakfast etc.  So I thought I should count the calories I'm intaking to see where what's really going on. 

I did a little research, not a lot, but I found one I'm happy with.  I couldn't remember what version my friend Tony used, and had I been thinking I would have called to ask, but I didn't.  The one I joined is called MyFitnessPal.com.  It had good reviews from users, and the thing that really sold me was it's actually a website that syncs with your phone.  Some of them, are only on your phone which eats up memory.  The first thing it asks is to enter you weight, height, etc. and your goals.  It then gives you an estimated Calorie allowance to help you get there.  They have a HUGE database full of foods, or you can scan the label of something with your phone and it will calculate the calories, fat, etc.  You can also add custom things that you eat often and it will save it for you.  Part of the database is sort of a wikapedia style format where you can look up other peoples entries and tweek it to fit your needs. 

So I started it on Thursday March 1st.  Feel free to look me up on there, I'm bleueponytail.  I blew my calories out of the water last night for my birthday celebration, but I'm back on the wagon today :):):)

That's the latest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment